My kitchen smelt heavenly after making these yummy Cinnamon Donuts. I hope you had a wonderful long weekend. I’m sorry I haven’t posted… I took some time off to enjoy my family. “Memorial Day is an opportunity to pause and reflect on the sacrifices of more than one million Soliders, Marines, Sailors, Airmen and Coast Gaurdsmen who have made the ultimate sacrifice to secure our freedoms.” -General Norton Schwartz
As I was running errands, heading to dinner and shopping I was reminded of real sacrifices by passing our local Mt. Scott Memorial Cemetery. Local Boy Scouts place American Flag on each and every grave site. A beautifully touching site. I kept my family close and baked for them all weekend.
1 1/2 C. Krusteaz Pancake Mix
1/4 C. Sugar
1/2 t. Salt
1/2 t. Cinnamon
3/4 C. Milk
1 Beaten Egg
1) Heat oven to 325 degrees, lightly spray the donut pan with cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Stir in Milk and Egg. Mix until combine.
3) Fill each donut cup 3/4 full.
4) Bake 8-10 minutes or until donut springs back when touched.
1/4 C. Unsalted Butter
1/2 C. Pure Maple Syrup
1 C. Sifted Confectioners Sugar
1) In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and maple syrup.
2) Once mixture is melted, remove from heat, whisk in sifted powdered sugar.
3) Set glaze aside and allow to cool before dipping donuts in.
I love oven baked Donuts… I feel like they are guilt-free! Hahaha!
I hope you and your family enjoy them as much as mine did.