I write this post with a heavy heart… The Friday before Mother’s Day my Mom found out she has Breast Cancer. Today, she under went surgery. We pray, We wait, We love…
Last weekend, I attended a fashion show that a friend of mine invited me to. I knew it was a Fundraiser but not really sure what for- as the fashion show started I almost fell off my chair when Dr. Hu thanked all of us for helping support breast cancer awareness. With the money they raise they are able to gift these amazing bags to their cancer patiences in their time of need. I spoke to Dr. Hu after the show and I expressed HOW WONDERFUL I thought her services where and I shared my story with her. She gifted my Mom this sweet bag of goodies- I will be sending it to her today! As I know more, I will share but until then… Pink Is The New Black.
Ladies Who Brunch + Meridian Park Fundraiser Supports:
- Support vital breast cancer services
- A bonding opportunity for those impacted by cancer
- 100 percent of the proceeds benefit the cancer programs supported by the Women of Meridian Park
- Proceeds provide compassion bags and comfort items for patients in the south metro community courageously fighting breast cancer
- In 2016, funds helped provide comfort and support to almost 9,500 women who received mammograms and biopsies.
- In 2016, Legacy Meridian Park provided 9,283 mammograms and 206 breast biopsies.
About The Women of Meridian Park:
The Women of Meridian Park are integral to Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center. Annual gifts from members support a wide range of projects that enhance the outstanding patient care and programs available at Legacy Meridian Park. Founded in 1973 as a community hospital, Legacy Meridian Park has grown into one of the area’s most sophisticated hospitals – without losing the personal touch of caring for neighbors and friends.