- ½ cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- First, combine ½ cup of water and ½ cup of sugar in a medium saucepan and heat until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves completely and remove from the heat to allow it to cool for five minutes.
- Next, add two cups of cranberries, one cup at a time, to the saucepan. Stir to coat the cranberries in the simple syrup.
- Remove the cranberries from the simple syrup with a slotted spoon.
- Set the cranberries on a wire rack over a foil-lined cookie sheet and repeat with the remaining cranberries. Let the cranberries dry for one hour.
- Add ⅓ cup of sugar to a pie plate, followed by ⅓ of the cranberries. Cover the cranberries with sugar and then scoop them up with a slotted spoon, shaking off the extra sugar. Set the cranberries on the wire rack.
- Finally, repeat with the remaining cranberries. Allow all the cranberries to dry before serving.
I added these gorgeous cranberries to top a cake for a Christmas party dessert! Look at what a statement it makes, it definitely elevated a plain cake into a centerpiece. Merry Christmas